Country Roads of Croatia (Preview 2019)
About Dubrovnik, Croatia
Additional Included Highlights
- Enjoy the warm climate and mild sea breezes, during a seafront promenade.
- See the Čipiko Palace and Romanesque cathedral.
- Cruise to the sunniest island of the country to enjoy the beaches and lofty peaks from where there are magnificent views over the island.
- See the main square, cathedral, Town Museum, Bishop's Palace and Town Hall. There is plenty of time to explore this charming town at your leisure.
- Adriatic Coast, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Pelješac Peninsula.
- Ston: Meet a local oyster farmer and learn about the cultivation of oysters, before enjoy a delicious Farm-to-Table shellfish tasting of the freshest produce, accompanied with a glass of wine.
- Pelješac: Stop at a cellar to taste the celebrated wine, considered by many to be the country’s finest. Treasure the ruby colour and full-bodied flavours with a wine expert.
- Dubrovnik: As the sun descends and should the weather be favourable, enjoy a relaxing cruise around the fabled bay of Dubrovnik. Toast the culmination of your journey with a typical Dalmatian Coast Celebration Dinner, accompanied with wine and grappa.
- Dining Summary: 13 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Opatija: The recently renovated 4-star Hotel Bristol glows with imperial charm, blending perfectly with the Habsburg-era spirit.
- Dubrovnik: The Hotel Dubrovnik Palace offers spectacular sea views and excellent facilities.
Top Rated Highlights
- Korčula: Discover this fascinating island during your walking exploration with a Local Expert. Hear about local legends and visit the ruins of the supposed birthplace of Marco Polo.
- Ston: Cruise to this quaint coastal village by private boat.
- Zagreb: Your Local Expert will show you Roosevelt Square, the attractive facades of Ban Josip Jelačić Square and the cathedral. Ride the funicular to the medieval Upper Town to see the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark’s Church and the Tower of Lotrščak.
- Postojna Caves: Enter by mini-train into these world-famous cave systems, before walking through an illuminated fairyland of stalactites and stalagmites.
- Opatija: Led by your Local Expert, spend a day discovering the Jewels of Istria, including the sparkling seas of Rovinj and the gleaming white stone of the Roman arena at Pula.
- Plitvice Lakes: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site and marvel at the water wonderland of Plitvice National Park as you walk along stunning cascades, guided by your Local Expert.
- Split: Explore above and below the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s palace. A Local Expert guides you through labyrinthine streets to see St. Duje's, the Temple of Jupiter, the Golden Gate and the Cellars.
- Hvar: Explore the coves and hidden beaches of the beautiful island.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.